House and my child in divorce


Dear philly:

Go and consult with an attorney, have a separation agreement drawn up, and negotiate a settlement with him. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My husband had an 8 month affair. I tried to get over it, but have decided that I cannot and want out of the marriage. We purchased a home and have a 7 year old child. He is in the military and leaving for three years. I told him that I wanted a divorce and he stated I can have anything that I want but he is living in the house with me and my son upon his return. He agreed to pay me $500 a month for child support. I have been paying o the mortgage alone. I do not want to uproot my son.
How can I keep the house. I do not want him to pay anything on it, I just do not want my child to go through anymore unnecessary change.