Dear resqubear:

Greetings. Even if you want reconciliation, you cannot get this alone. Your failure to take care of yourself financially though, even if this is through alimony, will ont help you with reconciliation. My advice, speak with an attorney immediately, before it is too late. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I have been separated from my husband for 3 months (he left the marital house) and am starting to struggle financially. I am wondering if I should try to get spousal support or not. I am hoping for reconcilation, but want to protect and educate myself. Not sure if intercourse is a factor but we hadn’t ‘been together’ since the end of November last year. He did say that he would help support me until the end of my semester in school, he has not, other than paying the rent the first month he left. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

T. Cassetty