Dear odomswifey:

Greetings. It is unlikely that you will receive alimony, as it would cost you more in attorney fees to get alimony then you are likely to receive in alimony. However, you are entitled to child support. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My husband has been unfaithful a number of times but i stay because i think that maybe he will stop and we can go on with our life. I recently told him that i was going to leave and he said that he thinks that would be best but not for good just for a little while then that he wanted me to come back he always ssays that he loves me but he continues to hurt me and he says he wants to be with me and that he doesnt know why he cheats he just does it. We have been married for only a year and a half will i be able to recieve alimony? Also we have a 3 year old daughter involoved.