Dear kohoule:

Greetings. My suggestion is that you meet with an attorney and start negotiating with your spouse well before either of you move out. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I am active duty military and I stay in on post housing. My husband is not active duty and we have two children ages 3 and 8. I would like to legally seperate from my husband and want him to move out of the housing.

This would probably be an ugly situation because we would fight for custody of the children. What is the best route to take to secure custody of the children and my best interest?