Dear aythya:

Greetings. Do you have an agreement in writing from his parents.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My husband and I are still living together. My husband asked me to leave and I refused to leave the house. I asked him to leave and he refuses to leave. We tried to buy our house two years ago but couldn’t get a loan. My father in law paid cash for the house and we made an agreement with him to rent for two years and then we are required to buy the house.(lease/purchase agreement) Since the house is owned by his parents can they force me out? Will the equity and other money we put into the house be lost to his parents when we start the divorce proceedings? Are we still legally obligated to buy the house from his parents?