Motion to Quash

I realize this is my first post, and a friend recommended this site.

I filed a subpoena in NC and it was for bank records, from my ex-wife. Her attorney has sent a letter with a motion to quash. Is there a way to respond to a motion to quash, and get the items that I seek?



You have to go to court and argue why the judge shouldn’t quash the subpoena. If the judge sides with you then they will have to produce the documents, and if he sides with them then they won’t have to produce the documents.

When you say go to court, is there a form I fill out, or will there be a date that it is heard in front of a judge? I dont see any date on the motion to quash to appear.

You’ll have to find out when it is scheduled for hearing, if it is scheduled.