Move case to NC from TN

I’m wondering about the likelihood of being able to get my child custody case (2 sons) moved from TN to NC. My current husband, the kids and I have lived in NC for over 2 years now. What is the process and what kind of fees might I be looking at?

The UCCJEA governs jurisdiction in child custody actions, and it specifically provides that in child custody actions, the state that issued the order will have what is called “continuing exclusive jurisdiction” until all parties have left the state. If the other parent still lives in Tennessee, you will not be successful in moving the order.