Moving out of state


We currently live in Charlotte, NC
I want a to move to Charleston, to be clsoer to the beach. I am not separated yet, from my husband, we are figuring it out now. He does not want a divorce. I am not happy.
How can I go about it in the legal way.
I would like to move when school gets out in June.
Also, do you have mediaters at your location, in Charlotte.

I have two children. 13 &10


There is nothing preventing you from moving to Charleston, however if you bring your children with you when you move, your spouse may file for emergency custody, citing you moving the children across state lines as an attempt to avoid NC jurisdiction. I suggest you read our eBook “Before You Go”. The book gives some insight into what you will want to consider before you actually leave the marital residence.