Name Chamge Prior to Divorce

My husband and I have been married 23 years, and decided 5 months ago that we will mostly likely remain together for 4 more until youngest graduates from high school before we legally separate and he moves out of the house (we live in same house now but separate bedrooms). My question is: Can I legally change my name NOW even though we still intend to stay married for awhile? Are there any legal consequences for doing so now while married? Does my husband need to give his permission for me to do so?
Thank You

Probably not. You should check with the special proceedings division in the clerk’s office.