Name change


My husband filed a divorce complaint in November 2010 but never put it on the calendar. The complaint did not contain a request to allow me to return to my maiden name. Today, hopefully, he will be submitting the calendar request for hearing on December 13. Would it be possible for me to submit a separate motion for name change and then have it included in the judgment?


You should answer the complaint and request in your answer that you be allowed to change your name back. You should make sure the divorce judgment that he provides to the judge includes the name change.