Name Change

The wording in your divorce complaint does not need to be fancy or complex, it can be as straightforward as:

Plaintiff desires to resume her birth name, [insert name you wish to resume once the divorce is granted], after the absolute divorce is granted.

Robin F. Verhoeven
Attorney at Law
Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

New Post

Is there anyone who works with this web site/law firm that may have an answer to this? If not, would someone please post a message to that effect?

Thank you,


Original Post

I would like to include a request for name change (to my birth name) in my divorce complaint and judgment but I am unable to find sample wording. I have found, in a variety of locations such as the NC Rules, the wording to several forms that I must submit but none that would indicate how to include the name change.

Would you please provide the wording for this or point me in the direction where I might find it?

Thank you in advance for your assistance and

Kind Regards,