National medical support order

Dear ajblalock:

Greetings. File a motion to modify child support and/or talk to the child’s other parent and get them to agree to a consent order stating the same. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

CSE has sent a National Medical support order to my employer requiring health premiums be deducted from my pay. The cost of this exceeds reasonable costs in my opinion, I can purchase a policy on my own for approximately half the cost of my employer’s. What do I need to do to stop them from taking premiums from my check(it has not yet been done, but has been approved)and get them to accept me purchasing my own policy for my daughter, who is 16 years old? I am in construction and get laid off frequently, which would end her insurance each time! Thank you