How To Stop a National Medical Support Order

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I am lost here, I thought social services had to drop the medical support order through my employer when I showed proof that I already had a policy on my daughter. I can hardly afford to hire an attorney, they are bleeding me dry. I have two more children to support and they are on NC Health choice.

Dear ajblalock:

Greetings. Yes, file a motion to modify child support. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Social services has notified my employer to deduct health insurance premiums from my pay, I already have an insurance policy on my child and have informed social services of this. They are refusing to dicontinue the order and suggested I file a motion with the court. Therefore, I am paying for the policy I already have AND the large deduction from my check to pay for the second policy. What are my options here, I am not a wealthy man by any means and cannot afford this!