Need help and direction

If he knows the amount he is to pay each month then he should send her a check every month(make darn sure to keep the canceled checks as proof).


Well, when he was in the military it was $800 a month. Now he has a minimum wage job and cannot afford to pay that. If I’m right, can’t they say the money was a gift which does not count towards anything??

Dear momma6_2angels:

Greetings. Child Support Enforcement cannot get involved on behalf of a defendant (generally) in a civil action that the plaintiff filed for child support.

He needs to file a child support case, which is different from child custody. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I used to post on here but haven’t in while.

Background is my xsil is keeping brothers 3 boys from him. Somehow she went into court and made him look so bad that the judge told him to get a lawyer then come back. He was behind like 2 months CS then. Since then he has tried getting child support started but CSEA says they have no records of him it’s all still in the courts. What does this mean?? He doesn’t have the money to be traveling to NC and cannot really afford a lawyer. Legal aid said to call NC lawyer refferal line. The mother has not let him talk to his boys for almost 7 months! He calls 5x a week and she has picked up 3 times total and told him they were not there each time. How can he get a lawyer when he doesn’t have the money?? How can he be a part of their lives when the mom is keeping them from him and not even letting him contact them and not even picking up the phone?? How can he start CS and get it caught up when there is no record?? This seems so hopeless.