Need Major Advice!

Dear Jwalker:

Greetings. No, it is unlikely that your marriage can be annulled. Instead, you must separate and wait the one year separation period to get divorced. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

So here it goes, I like many others never thought they would be here. I have only been married for 6 months, I know its sad. My husband travels constantly with work and I was promised that if he ever started traveling too much, to the point it was affecting our relationship he would make changes. So 3 months in and only seeing my husband for 4 days out of a month, I explained to him that I was unhappy, and this wasn’t going to work" It always endend in a huge argument and him doing nothing different. I remind you I was not 'allowed to have friends over, go to dinner with friends etc". So I told him 2 weeks ago I wasn’t in love with him anymore. I have seen him 20 days out of 6 months and there is no intimacy when he comes home. I feel like I have failed but I can’t live a married, but alone controlled life. What are my options? Can this be annulled? Do we have to be separated for a year, or are there shorter options? Thanks in Advance