Need to file a Divorce from Bed andBoard claim


I found the form online but can no longer locate it.
It looks as though this can be done independently. This is the top priority as the spouse to whom I’ve only been married since October has refused to leave my home. She does not pay the mortgage and is not on the deed.
She has continually demeaned me, encouraged me to drink alcohol and she has used drugs in our home, despite her own daughter being there at the same time.

It is not my intention to cause harm or involve DSS, etc. however, I want her to leave my home so our year of separation can begin ASAP. I am possibly to be deployed with the Army National Guard in the next few months and I need this process begun.

Many thanks for any and all info.

Michael Bloom 7042132360


You will need an acceptable fault ground in order to file a claim for divorce from bed and board. Check out our detailed article What is a Divorce from Bed and Board? for more information.

There is no pre-printed form for divorce from bed and board. You must file a complaint (lawsuit) in court with your cause of action being divorce from bed and board. You can use our Sample Complaint as a guide to draft your own.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.