New to Area?

Dear HappyDude:

Greetings. Yes, once a state obtains jurisdiction over a child, it retains it until that jurisdiction decides to relinquish the same. What we normally have to do is file an action here in NC and ask our judge to speak to the judge in NJ. I hope that helps. Best of luck…and maybe you need a NC domestic violence restraining order also. Make sure to register ALL of your orders in NC in the county where you life and set a time to talk to the local law enforcement, showing them your orders, so they are apprised of the situation. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorcecom
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Did you have another question?

Janet L. Fritts
RosenDivorcecom
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Yes the top of the e-male was the new ?
Is there as many different types of custodies in NC as in NJ.
Shared custody, shared parenting, full custody and parenting time and so on.
Thanks

Dear HappyDude:

Greetings. Sorry for the confusion. Okay, in North Carolina we have joint custody and sole custody. These words do NOT describe the amount of time you spend with your children, but who makes decisions for the children. In joint custody, both parents’ opinions matter in the decisions, but in sole custody only one parent makes the decisions.

I have no idea about NJ law. Thanks

Janet L. Fritts
RosenDivorcecom
919-787-6668

New question for NC?
Is there major differences in custodies in NC as compared to NJ.
I have shared custody with full physical custody. In NJ there are all types of custody, shared parenting, shared custody, full and so on. Would there be a difference from NJ’s shared custody and me having full physical custody, as say to have full custody in NC.

I am new to NC. legally came from NJ with our two children.
We have as per our divorce shared custody with me having full physical custody. My problem is my X in NJ. hasn’t paid child support for a year or so and owes nearly $6,000.00 even when I was in NJ. they would do nothing, regularly arrested her and let her go without me getting a penny. I want to go for full custody in NC. My lawyer in NJ said after 6 months I may have venue transferred to NC. I went to a majistrate in NC. and was told the same. But I also have been told that it’s up to the county in NJ. to deside? is this true.
My reasons are that my X is not right, she threatens to take the kids regularly, has once and the local PD. had to convince her otherwise, she has many large felony warrants for her, the back child support warrant and I do have a FRO against her in NJ. that has been broken many times. She will do anything to make me spend money. She called the cops once and said I tried to kill her from a hundred miles away. Was arrested and Spent $2,500.00 to prove I hadn’t been near her. She was court ordered to see the kids for four weeks in the summer this was the first time she did(So I would have to transport them to NJ cost money)summer. She called me 40+ times in four weeks to see when I was to pick them up (just to get me in NJ to spend money) then they stood with her parents anyway only one night with her and she left them in a Atlantic City hotel room.
P.S.
The NJ courts are very, very anti Male. I have to prove everything 10 fold, she walks in with an accusation and it’s written in stone. went to Henderson county court and was told that they now honor out of state FRO’s yet parts of NJ don’t honor them county by county, amazing.
thanks for the time. HappyDude.