Notifying other parent of childs whereabouts

When the custodial parent is unable to have our children on her scheduled time and sends them to freinds to spend the night, is she supposed to tell me where they will be. We have joint legal custody and separtion agreement includes right of phone contact, but that’s difficult when I dont know that they are someplace other than her house.

It’s usually a courtesy for the parents to communicate about the child’s whereabouts when spending the night, but unless your agreement or court order specifically reflects this as a provision, there is no requirement to do this.