Opposing counsel holding CS

Good morning,

My friend was award CS in court to begin in Feb. The opposing counsel is refusing to sign the order although the judge has ordered the father to pay. His lawyer is stating she does not like the wording used. She was asked to complete the order and did not so my friends lawyer did but the opposing is refusing to sign. What can be done regarding this? No payment has been made and now he is 2 months behind.

Your friend can file a motion for entry of order and set it for a court date. That makes the court order due on that date. And on that date, the judge can settle any disputes in language and wording of the terms in the order.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.