Dear qwerty:

Greetings. What an interesting question. I would argue that she is, but good luck getting it back. No, I doubt that you can subtract the amoutn from future portions of medical expenses.

If I were you, I would immediately deal with the issue in writing to your ex and ask for the funds back or a different solution. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I reviewed my agreement recently, which specifies decreasing
alimony payments each year, and discovered that I overpaid
my alimony for the past 2 years. If I ask my ex to refund me,
is shee required to do so?

If not, can I subtract this amount from future portions of medical expenses?