Paramour in Texas

I am considering filing for Alienation of Affection against my ex-husband’s paramour. My ex and I live in North Carolina and the paramour lives in Texas. I am not sure if she ever was in the state of NC to be with my ex, but do know that the 5+ year affair happened during their business travels and meetings nationwide.

My question is even though the affair may not have happened in the state of NC, and she lives in Texas, can I still file the Alienation of Affection and Criminal Conversation since the harm was done (dissolution of our marriage) here in the state of NC.

Thank you

I know there is a statue of limitations of 3 years to file an alienation of affection claim but when is that from? the first encounter of the spouse and paramour or the last encounter before the dissolution/separation of the marriage?

Thank you

The paramour must have had some contact with the state of NC, even her making a phone call to the state will be enough, but she must have had some contact with NC.

I know there is a statue of limitations of 3 years to file an alienation of affection claim but when is that from? the first encounter of the spouse and paramour or the last encounter before the dissolution/separation of the marriage, or when I found out about the illicit affair?

Thank you

The statute begins running at the time the alienating behavior occurs.

So, if the statute starts at the time of the alienating behavior occurs and the affair started 5 years ago, however I did not find out about it until 1 year ago, then the statute has run out?

It depends when the behavior actually caused the loss of affection, so the while the affair may have begun 5 years ago, it is possible that the affections of the marriage were not destroyed when the affair began, but later on in the course of their relationship.