Parental Rights

As of January 2009 I have not been able to see my children, email, call, or visit them at all. My x wife went in to court and made a bunch of outlandish and eroneous accusations about me and my conduct. She presented no evidence of any type and said just what ever she wanted to on the stand. We were sent to family counseling which I had to pay for. In counseling my daughters were nice to me sat on my lap and asked where I had been. My eldest daughter had some complaints and I was told her I was unable to do anything about them unless she told me what was wrong and allowed me to make changes or work with her. She agreed with me and the counselor seemed to think I needed to be a part of their life. Once counseling was complete I was told that she would be in contact with me. Well after all was said and done I heard nothing else from her not even when I emailed her directly and asked questions. All I was finally told was that she thought I am too intense and that I needed more counseling with my daughters which was odd because when I was with her she never indicated any of that. She wants my x and I to take the mmpi, me to take a steroid test, and do more counseling. I do not have the money to do that and pay my childsupport. I talked to my x a month ago and she aknowledged that she does not think I am crazy or on drugs, but that the girls were mad at me and do not want to see me. I am sick and tired of paying$1,242 a month and not being allowed to have any contact at all. I would like to give up my rights and wash my hands of the sittuation. I do not think it is fair that I am so responsible financially but I do not get to have any interaction especially since I never did anything and there is no evidence to say otherwise. I have not broken the temporary order in any shape form or fashion and have maintained my obligation to support my daughters. What are my chances if any of getting this accomplished. I know that you can not simply give up rights to get out of paying child support. I want to give my rights up not only to get out of support becasue I do not like paying it but because I am made not to be able to see my children just because my x wife hates my guts.

So you want to give up your parental rights because your ex-wife is making it difficult for you to see your kids?? I’m sorry, but if you love your kids the way you claim to, this shouldn’t even be an option. Be an advocate for your kids, do whatever you have to in order to get the time with them that you (and they) deserve.

Your suggestion isn’t going to do anything for your kids at all, and you being so quick to cut and run makes me wonder how much you really feel for them at all?

Sorry, this kind of talk just angers me… dude, be a dad to your children and if the ex isn’t letting you, then drag her into court and do whatEVER it takes to MAKE it happen… anything less just validates her point of view.

The court does not allow parents to voluntarily give up their parental rights to avoid a financial obligation to their children. The better solution is to pursue visitation in the pending custody action.

[quote=“LuvMyGirls”]So you want to give up your parental rights because your ex-wife is making it difficult for you to see your kids?? I’m sorry, but if you love your kids the way you claim to, this shouldn’t even be an option. Be an advocate for your kids, do whatever you have to in order to get the time with them that you (and they) deserve.

Your suggestion isn’t going to do anything for your kids at all, and you being so quick to cut and run makes me wonder how much you really feel for them at all?

Sorry, this kind of talk just angers me… dude, be a dad to your children and if the ex isn’t letting you, then drag her into court and do whatEVER it takes to MAKE it happen… anything less just validates her point of view.[/quote]

I am not just cutting and running I have no money to hire an attorney she is funded limitlessly to take me to court and do as she pleases. I did the family counseling I passed the drug tests and I have not violated any court order. I do not have the money to continue the process. I am not even allowed to so much as e-mail them or talk to them on the phone. It is like I do not exist. The court system is not one that favors people like me who on paper make a decent living but once you pay childsupport there is barely enough left to live off of. Now I suppose you are going to say work more than one job. Been there done that and guess what??? My childsupport got raised because I had more income. I tried working on the table and getting payed where nobody knew what was going on and guess what happened then??? They wanted to review my bank account. I love my children to death but as it is now I might as well be dead. I have not seen them for over a year and a half. After I pay taxes and childsupport every week I have a whopping $328.00 to live off of. I can sit here and continue to pay child support and have nothing and no relationship with my children or I can say to hell with it and walk away. I personally am tired of having to be responsible and do the right thing when nobody else is. You can get angry all you want, I welcome you to come walk a mile in my shoes and live this life for 3 years. Have your x wife turn your family against you publicly slander you and steal everything you ever worked for only to have everyone excuse her because she is angry. I went from having a great relationship with my two children, a good job, and an excellent credit score to having no contact with my children, lost my good job because I was deppressed and made mistakes, and she got a car repossesed that was in my name so I can not finance my legal fees. I had my first child when I was 19 I worked two jobs and lived out of the trunk of my car while still going to highschool becasue my family kicked me out over having a child. I was an Airborne Ranger in the US Army I have lived a hard life and done the best I could all on my own. Finally I am sick and tired of busting butt and suffering for nothing.