Permanency Plan v. Custody Action


Scenario is that DSS instituted a “permanency plan” when the child was a baby which gave custody to the maternal grandmother. Now that the mother wants to obtain custody, does she file a new custody complaint, or make a motion to modify the DSS permanency plan? Thanks for your help. I’m a family member trying to help her and any quick advice would be so appreciated.