Post Separation Spousal Support

he should be able to file papers to have the order amended.

IANAL, but it seems to me it would be easier for him to just file for divorce, which can be granted in a month or two. He may or may not have to pay alimony, but if he is truly bankrupt and has been paying the ex all that money for all that time, the judge may just say he’s paid enough and he’d be free and clear. He needs a lawyer if its any more complicated than that.

I have a friend who has been paying post separation spousal support in the amount of $800 monthly for about 2 1/2 years. He lost his job and has had trouble finding permanent employment paying enough to continue paying the $800 and support himself. He’s had to file bk just recently.
Is there anything he can do to possibly get the PSSS reduced to something that he can better afford due to his current situation?