Post Separations Support


What happens when the judge orders an amount of PSS disregarding ability to pay by the supporting spouse? Based on FA, the amount awarded should have been much less. How can this be rectified? I do not have the ability to pay the amount ordered without filing bankruptcy and foreclosing on home.


Post-separation support is not appealable. If you do not have the funds to pay the amount awarded, the opposing party may file a motion to have you held in contempt, at which point you will have the opportunity to try and prove that you are not in willful violation of the order ( by showing you truly do not have the funds to pay).