Dear sharonk:

Greetings. You take three copies of the complaint, which should have the verification as the last page. You also need three copies of the summons (one white copy and two yellow copies). You will send your husband by certified mail one copy of the summons and one complaint after the clerk of court files them. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I have filled out the do-it-yourself forms and am ready to take them to the court, but which forms do I take initially (the complaint, the verification, and/or ???)? Which forms do I send to my husband (the complaint and ???)? I want to do this as quickly and efficiently as possible. Thanks!