Form confusion

OK for a divorce with children, I wrote out the Complaint, I wrote out and had notarized the Verification, then filled out and printed three of the Civil Summons (one white, two yellow). Do I then have to file it with the clerk of court to get it stamped and things, prior to sending it registered mail to my spouse? Then go back to the clerk of court with the remainder of the forms, once I have back the green card from the post office? Or do I need to have all the forms ready before ever going to see the clerk the first time?

Wake County, NC

The summons must be issued by the clerk (they will fill in the area they need to), then filed, and then served on the Defendant along with your complaint. The other forms will be filed after your spouse is served.