Proof of Delivery

Dear dawngilbreath:

Greetings. No, I don’t believe a letter from the post office will suffice, but that would be an interesting question in court. I believe the letter would he hearsay, but the court may allow it. The best choice, when you cannot prove service, is to try again. This time, serve him by Sheriff OR get him to sign an acceptance of service (we have a copy of one on our website). Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Good Morning~

I have tried now twice to no avail to serve my estranged husband with papers via certified mail. He is getting them, and signing for them, but I am not receiving the green card back. The post office has sent me a letter stating it was delivered with a scanned signature on their letterhead, is this good enough to attach to the affidavit?[?]

Dawn M Gilbreath