Dear tendr4u2:

Greetings. Yes, it is possible. You can set the Motion for Interim Distribution which your attorney filed. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My ex wife and I divorce 07/04, in the divorce papers, my attorney stated:
Second Claim for Relief: Equitable Distribution

  1. The Plaintiff realleges and incorporates paragraphs 1 through 6 of Plaintiff’s First Calim for Relief as if fully set out herein.
  2. During the course of their married, the Plaintiff and Defendant accumulated certain property which qualifies as marital property pursuant to N.C.G.S Sextion 500-20 et seq. (I purchased the property solely and the stick built home, financed it in my name before we were married and added her name on the deed.
  3. That the Plaintiff hereby requests an interim equitable distribution and equitable distribution of the marital property with an unequal division being granted in his favor.

My question now is, now that I have been living and paying for this mortgage on my own since we separated in 2003, there is an equity loan out on the house, and the divorce is now final for 2 years…what if any choices do I have to get her name off my deed? Is it at all possible? She refuses to sign a quick claim deed.
Thanking you in advance for your attention to this matter.