Ex's Name on Deed

You can file a motion and order to show cause. In that motion you will tell the court what your spouse was ordered to do and what he is not doing. The forms are available at www.nccourts.org. For a simple issue like the one you are describing you can probably accomplish this without an attorney.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I was awarded the home in equitable distribution.(paperwork signed by a judge) I have had a real estate attorney prepare the paperwork needed to remove my ex off the title. He is not on the mortgage, so this is not an issue. My ex is refusing to sign the paper work. (Just to be difficult). Is there anyway that I can get him to do this without re-hiring my divorce attorney? The transfer deed is already costing me a few hundred dollars.