Protection for me


Dear leftout:

Greetings. I am not sure what your question is. Of course you can get plenty of custodial time even if you travel for work.

If you are asking me about leaving, my suggestion is that you retain an attorney to draft up and negotiate a separation agreement prior to leaving. Have your attorney and their CPA formulate your cash flow situation if you move out and for your spouse so that you know how much child support/spousal support will need to be paid. Best of luck…and let me know if you have other specific questions.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


OK, I have been married for 9 years and have one son (2yrs). I want to leave as I have been ignored physically for most of this time. To be frank twice in two years. I asked for counciling and she lied about going for six months. I demanded we go and we did until she the DR asked me to come in. Prior to going in she asked me to lie for her. I can not stand anymore. I travel so I will not be able to keep custody. I just want a lot of visitation and be part of the decisions in his life. Someone told me not to move out till there is an separation agreement.
I can not want to take a chance on custody.
I have to get out of here but don’t know what to do. Please give me the facts?