PSS/Alimony and Condonation

Do you have litigation pending presently?

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Sutton Station
5826 Fayetteville Rd. Suite 205
Durham, NC 27713
Phone: (919) 321-0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

My case seems to be going on and on with no real end in sight. ED was just dismissed which I can’t understand how b/c there are so many unresolved financial issues out there, but most important to me is my requirement to continue paying PSS if that was “dropped” for now with my Ex having the ability to go for it within the next 12 months. I firmly believe that they are pulling this stunt b/c she is not paying the agreed upon bills that we split (she is 3 months behind on the mortgage and the bank has just started foreclosure procedures)and she is waiting until the house is sold or taken from us so the issue of her not paying anything never is brought up. My question is this: What are my options here for reuesting an appeal or to stop paying PSS/alimony? Is there a process to use condonation as a reason for stopping? And to answer the question your asking now, yes we have but just once. I am so tired of just waiting for her to make the next move which truely places me as the “Defendant”. It is just hard for me to believe that I just have to sit back and wait.

Confused and Annoyed