QDRO revision


Dear gatorjohn:

Greetings. I would need to see the QDRO language, but I suspect that yes, you will need a QDRO revision.

Also, I cannot advise you on anything in Florida, as they have different laws on marital property division than we have here in North Carolina. Thank you and good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


Wake county court granted a QRDO for my ex-spouse about a year ago. I owed back child support payments so the court granted her the full pension via the QRDO until the back payments where paid off.Then it would be 33% for her and 66% for me on a monthly basis. The payments are now paid for, both parties agree. My ex is sending me my share of the pension fund each month after she recieves it from the pension fund provider. My question is, how do I now get the pension fund to have my name installed as the primary reciever in lieu of my wife? Do I have to file a QRDO revision with the court and if so what would this cost? Any info would be helpful since I live in Florida.


John Burns