Question regarding waiver


I have been separated for one year. My spouse and I went through the self serve center in Mecklenburg county to file our divorce papers. They have been filed and he was served last week. He went to the court house today and filed his “Defendant’s Acceptance of Service Process and General Appearance”, AND The “Defendant’s Answer to Divorce Complaint and Waiver”. Since he signed this waiver form and filed it with the clerk’s office, do I still have to wait the 30 days to file my motion for summary judgment? From what I am understanding he is requesting that the action be calendared immediately. We are trying to speed up the process and I was wondering if this is the form I need?


You are correct, the waiver of further notice allows you to file the motion and notice the hearing immediately rather having to wait pursuant to the rules of civil procedure.