Hi, I have a few questions. I would really appreciate any input. Thanks so much!
At the 2nd hearing of the ex-parte 50B DVPO order:
1)Even though an initial ex-parte 50 is supposed be for only 10 days, is it unusual for it to be continued THREE times. I got the initial one back in October, but still haven’t had the second hearing yet (supposedly set for jan. 3rd now).
2) Am I allowed to subpoena witness?
- will they be heard (judge will allow it?)
- what if I have out-of-state witness come for the hearing, and it gets continued again? Is it possible that the judge will go head and hear the out-of-state witness atleast?
- what is the likelihood that it would be continued yet again. I’m just asking if it is rare that the second ex-parte 50B hearing would be delayed more than 3 times, or that is is very probable/normal if it is indeed continued?
- How do I go about subpoening people?
- What if some/any of the people I subpoena don’t show up?
- THIS ONE IS VERY IMPT FOR ME - would it be in the best intrerest at the hearing for me to subpoena my therapist? She has documented three years of dv abuse. Or, will it hurt my case, if I subpoena her?
- I would like to ask the judge that my husband gets counseling and the best SUPERVISED visitation. Is there a way I can approach that subject matter, so that the judge will be more likely to see the clear danger and help me keep the kids safe? My husband is very sneaky (Jeckyll and Hyde), so I am so worried that thge judge won’t be able to see past his fake facade.
What would be the best way to convince the judge not to let my husband see the kids for the rest of entire separation year (during the restraining period)?
If not, how can I make sure that he only gets supervised visitation?
- How does one go about terminating parental rights? My husband now has three outstanding criminal warrants on him (no judgment yet).
But, I am extremely worried about my children and theor safety.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ADVICE AND HELP!
ONE MORE THING, DO LAWYERS OR ROSEN HADLE JUST THE EX-PARTE HEARING PART AND NOT THE WHOLE DIVORCE. I REALLY NEED HELP AT THE 2ND EX-PARTE HEARING? WHAT WOULD ROSEN CHARGE FOR SUCH A SERVICE?
Thanks again and Happy New Year!