Quitclaim deed

Please make sure you have resolved all of your property issues before you file for divorce. If the divorce is finalized before the property issues are resolved, you lose your right to petition the court for assistance in resolving these issues.

Once you have filled out the divorce papers you would file them in the county where you presently reside or where your Husband lives.

The quitclaim deeds needs to be signed only by the grantor.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I am filing my own divorce papers and I need to know If both parties have to sign the quitclaim deed or just the grantor? Also what do I do with these papers after i sign them? thanks!