Quitclaim deep


Dear walternc:

Greetings. Is her name still on the deed? Have you spoken with a real estate attorney?

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My wife left me in 1997, and she was granted a absolute divorce in

  1. I have lived in a house and made all payments and paid off

the second mortage, she didn’t file any claim for equal distribution,

now I want to sell, but she will not sign a quitclaim deed.

If she entitle to anything and how much will it cost to go to court

to get her off the deed

walter c cobb