Reduction in child support


Dear nurse:

If you contact the North Carolina Child Support Enforcement, they will help you modify your child support obligation to what it should be under the guidelines. You should also check on our child support calculator here on our website to see what your obligation will be prior to calling. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I have a child that I no longer will be paying child support for this upcoming December…I have 2 children…my support is now based on 2 children and not one…what forms can I complete and present to the local court system to get a reduction?