Relocation of child with custodial parent (out of state)

Hi, I have full, sole custody of my two children, we currently live in North Carolina (as does their father), however, we are looking to relocate to Alabama. The purpose for the relocation is better jobs and better housing. We have a court order custody agreement stating that the father gets visitation every other weekend and we alternate holidays. I have read over our consent order and there is nothing stated about relocating. Can you please tell me what I have a right to? Thank you.

Kryssie Mozeley

If the move will preclude his court ordered visitation (which given the distance in this case it most certainly would) you may not move without his permission.