Resuming Maidan Name


Dear Angel6532:

Greetings. You need to include an extra line which says that the Plaintiff requests to have her name changed to her maiden name, and then state your full name.

Yes, you should wait until Monday (the 20th). Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I’m doing my divorce papers myself. Can you tell me where I can put in them that I want to resume use of my maidan name, or how to change it back? I’ll be seperated for a year Sept. 17. Also, since the 17th falls on a Friday, do I file the divorce papers then, or should I wait until Monday (the 20th)?