Reversing a legal separation

Dear Whowhatwhere:

When you move back in with your spouse, after a period of separation, there is a presumption that you are renewing the marital relationship. If your spouse committed acts of marital misconduct, such as adultery, moving back in with your spouse may be viewed as condonement or forgiveness of his actions. I recommend meeting with an attorney to get an overview of your legal rights prior to moving back in with your spouse. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

If I move back in with my husband, how does that affect our legal separation?