New twist in my situation

aprofessional1,

If you move back in with your spouse, it is likely that a judge would view that as a reconciliation. A reconciliation would toll the one-year separation period. If your goal is to obtain a divorce approximately 7 months from now, it would not be wise to move back in with her.

David L. McGuire
Attorney
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCdivorce.com
(919)787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Thanks for your help.

I think I already know the answer to this, but would like your advice. My roommate was supposedly buying a house, but today found out that, because he is still legally married that the bank won’t lend him the money. This after he told the person he rents the place we live in that we would be out on the 22nd of THIS month. I could move back in with my wife temporarily, but that would void my already 5 month separation, correct?? I have no intention of getting back together with her, but we are still on speaking terms, but I don’t want to complicate this any more than it already is.
Thanks for a great site and keep up the good work. Alot of people really appreciate it.