Separate living

I moved out for 6 months after asking for a divorce. I moved back to the marital house into a guestroom for 6 months to help with my daughter until I could get a home near by. Do I have to wait another full year now that I’ve moved back out? She refuses to sign a separation agreement or discuss divorce.
Thank you.

Yes, moving back into the marital residence for a period of time and then moving back out later will generally restart the one-year separation period, even if you were in a guest bedroom.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.