Separated and wanting to buy a home


I am separated and have put in a offer on a home. I have found out that I can not complete the sale of the home without a legal separation paper or something has been said about a Free Trader agreement. My wife will not talk to me or respond to a lawyer at this point. I am closing in on my closing date, is there any other recourse other than taking her to court to force her to sign an agreement??? I hate to lose my ernest money and also hate to have to end up in court. Are there ANY other alternatives aound this??? SHe is just trying to be difficult and make life even harder on me at this point.