Separated for five years and need help


I have been separated for five years. I am moving on with my life. My husband does not want to sign papers until I sign a quit claim. I live in SC and he is in NC. My name is not on the deed to the land. So I am not sure that a quit claim will do any good.
Please help me with the quit claim issue! Also is there a timeframe that I can get divorce with out his consent?


In North Carolina, the grounds for absolute divorce is 1 year separation and you will not need his consent and you can file in North Carolina now.
However, do not get the divorce until you have a signed agreement, or you will lose your rights to the property.

Do not sign any papers or quitclaim deeds until you have a fully signed Separation Agreement that protects your rights to property.