Separation agreement form

Dear Mr_Mike:

Greetings. When you say “submit to the courts” do you want your separation agreement to be incorporated? Generally separation agreements are not submitted to the court unless someone wants to turn them into a court order.

I highly, highly advise against attempting to draft your own separation agreement, but if you do, good luck. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Hi all! Well, my wife and I are going our separate ways. We have a strong friendship but can’t seem to be a couple any longer. What we are trying to do is find a separation agreement form to complete and submit to the courts. This is a very civil separation and we have already divided everything up, w/o dispute. We just want something in writing. We do have 1 child and have already figured out all the child support and visitation stuff as well. Looking online there are lots of legal forms you can get. Can someone recommend a particular one that will fulfill our needs? This would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,