Separation Agreement ( lies)

Sounds like a problem. The person filing for divorce perjured themselves by indicating a date of separation that was not valid. The likely result would be that the divorce is not valid, since the statutory requirements were not really met.

Deborah M. Throm
Rosen Law Firm
1829 E. Franklin Street, Bldg. 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.265.0017 direct
919.321.0780 main voice
www.rosen.com
Email: dthrom@rosen.com

4101 Lake Boone Trail
Suite 500
Raleigh, NC 27607
919.256.1544 direct
919.787.6668 main voice

301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
704.644.2531 ext. 100

quote:
[i]Originally posted by dthrom[/i] [br]Sounds like a problem. The person filing for divorce perjured themselves by indicating a date of separation that was not valid. The likely result would be that the divorce is not valid, since the statutory requirements were not really met.

What if both persons filed, and both attested to same?

You’re asking an audience to validate perjury. This is between the two parties, if they want to perpetuate it that’s their business.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by fatlilbeagle[/i] [br]You're asking an audience to validate perjury. This is between the two parties, if they want to perpetuate it that's their business.

Fair enough. Man, this law pisses me off. Gotta love the bible belt. Not.

It seems establishing residency in another state for 6 months is the best way to legally “expedite” the process. Would you (or anyone) agree?

If you lie on the date for which you were supposedly separated, what can the ramifications be? The spouses were never actually separated, just lied on paper, to end it quick, but now it will be going to court. One person has proof galore that they lived as a married couple, never really separated. Can the agreement be deemed invalid or the divorce not valid? Thank you