Separation Agreement

quote:
[i]Originally posted by desie[/i] [br]If I fill out the Separatin Agreement on my own and serve them to my STBX, what then? First I need to have them notorized, correct? He may have a lawyer, so he will show his lawyer and I don't have one, so how am I protected? Let's just hope it goes smoothly.

I’m in the situation.

quote:
Originally posted by desie
[br]If I fill out the Separatin Agreement on my own and serve them to my STBX, what then? First I need to have them notorized, correct? He may have a lawyer, so he will show his lawyer and I don’t have one, so how am I protected? Let’s just hope it goes smoothly.

Don’t both signers have to be present when it is notarized? My wife is dragging her feet on sitting down with me and doing one.

Hello
Let me tell you right now with that if you both go and get it signed you better have everything you and him want on that and you need to be very careful on that. I am going through this we wrote one up and while I was on vacation she went and got a attorney and gave me papers so now over a year now just with the lawyers and money out the door we are no better now then we where last year without lawyers the thing that was changed was instead of 3 days on and 2 days off now its 1 week on and 1 week off with now my children are getting in trouble now one grade has gone down from an “A” to a “D” not good told the STBX about this and that its not working for the children and she agreed its not.
Now what going back to court not for the children but the seperation agreement that she is fighting and to a ruling on
So what I am telling you is go write one up if he likes it and you like it get an attorney to look it over not his attorney but one for you if things are cool then go for it but until then just dont go and get it notorized and hope things are cool unless you want to be like me go back on the may 10th for this mess oh yes I have been seperated since nov of 04 and I still cannot get my divorce but this is doing and it comes back to the sep agre one little word was out and I can not get it until we go back and get a ruling.
I am so sick of this just want it to end
So do your part and be smart and spend a few bucks and get it read by an attorney so it will cover your butt I would have done this if I knew this was going to be like this to late
I hope I was not to long and boring I tend to go on with it but I do not want to see some else to go through the same crap I am rad my other postings and you will see what I am going through
Good luck hope you get want you and get it over fast[:)]

Dear desie:

Greetings. Usually they will let you know their proposed changes and then you will all execute the agreement together. If you want to be protected, hire an attorney. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

If I fill out the Separatin Agreement on my own and serve them to my STBX, what then? First I need to have them notorized, correct? He may have a lawyer, so he will show his lawyer and I don’t have one, so how am I protected? Let’s just hope it goes smoothly.