How do I go about moving out of the marital home. The other party owns another home that is paid for but also wants to keep the one we have financed. Can I move out and am I responsible for paying for the house if I am willing to let the other party have it? The other party is employed also but I have been stuck paying all the bills myself. There is also a 14 yr old child involved. what can I do??? i just want out!

It is best to reach a settlement on all issues such as equitable distribution, support and child custody prior to moving out. If you are unable to wait to separate until after you have reached a settlement, you may want to ask the other party to sign an non-abandonment agreement so he cannot raise the issue of abandonment if you end up in court.