Seperation agreement

Piper,

No, you don’t need to be sworn in to sign a separation agreement, nor do you need to talk to a judge when signing an agreement. The only time you need to be sworn in is when you are giving testimony to the judge.

Take care!

Shonnese D. Stanback
Attorney
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.256.1534 direct voice
919.256.1667 direct fax
919.787.6668 main voice
919.787.6361 main fax
NCdivorce.com
email: sstanback@rosen.com

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I HAVE BEEN LEGALLY SEPARTED FOR ALMOST 3 MONTHS . IN THAT SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME MY EX HAS MANAGED TO MAKE MY LIFE A LIVING HELL. I GO OUT TO DIFFERENT PLACES AND HE FEELS LIKE HE SHOULD KNOW EVERYWHERE THAT GO AND WHO I AM WITH . I TRY TO EXPLAIN THAT IS NOT HIS PROBLEM ANYMORE BUT SAYS DIFERENTLY. THE WORST OF THE WHOLE SITUATION IS THAT OUR 18MONTH OLD SON IS CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE AND HE USES GUILT TRIPS TO TRY AND WIN ME BACK. I NEED ADVICE ON HOW TO MAKE THE NEXT NINE MONTHS GO BY MORE CALM AND QUICKLY.

Dear DL Snonner:

I believe that you have three (3) options. First, and the option I suggest, draft a separation agreement containing provisions on child custody and child support. Second, you can file an action for child custody and ask the court to restrain him from saying negative things about you to the minor child. Lastly, you may be able to file a domestic violence action depending on the severeity of the problem. Best of luck!

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Do you have to be sworn in before the judge and the judge go over the seperation agreement with you if you go to court for it to be legal. How does this work? I went to court thursday and was never sworn in but yet we signed the agreement and never talked to a judge is this normal?
piper